CAS number: 32449-92-6
Molecular formula: C6H8O6
Molar mass: 176.124
Melting point: 176-178 °C
Solubility in water: 26.9 g/100 mL
Glucuronolactone is a naturally occurring chemical produced by the metabolism of glucose in the human liver. It is an important structural component of nearly all connective tissues. Glucuronolactone is also found in many plant gums.
Glucuronolactone is rapidly absorbed and metabolised into non-toxic metabolites such as xylulose. In addition, humans may be able to use glucuronolactone as a precursor for ascorbic acid synthesis. According to “The Merck Index”, it is also used as a detoxicant.
Glucuronolactone is a popular ingredient in energy drinks with claims that it detoxifies the body. Although levels of glucuronolactone in energy drinks can far exceed those found in the rest of the diet, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has concluded that exposure to glucuronolactone from regular consumption of energy drinks is not a safety concern (No Observed Adverse Effect Level of glucuronolactone = 1,000mg/kg/day). A fatality was reported after intake of 1420 ml of an energy drink.
|Appearance of Solution
||+ 18.0° – 20.0°
||170°C – 176°C
|Loss on drying
|Residue on Ignition
|This material confirms to the CP
- Glucuronolactone is a naturally occurring chemical produced by the metabolism of glucose in the human liver. It is an important structural component of nearly all connective tissues. Glucuronolactone is also found in many plant gums.
- Glucuronolactone is rapidly absorbed and metabolised into non-toxic metabolites such as xylulose. In addition, humans may be able to use glucuronolactone as a precursor for ascorbic acid synthesis. According to The Merck Index, it is also used as a detoxicant.
- Glucuronolactone is a popular ingredient in energy drinks with claims that it detoxifies the body. Although levels of glucuronolactone in energy drinks can far exceed those found in the rest of the diet, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has concluded that exposure to glucuronolactone from regular consumption of energy drinks is not a safety concern (No Observed Adverse Effect Level of glucuronolactone = 1,000mgkgday). A fatality was reported after intake of 1420 ml of an energy drink.
Glucuronolactone is glucuronolactone for short, is a naturally occurring chemical substances, glucose metabolites produced by the liver. This is an important constituent of connective tissue. In some urban legend, which is considered the drug during the Vietnam War, the US produced. But rumor has been confirmed false. On the medical use for acute and chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, or for detoxification of food poisoning or drug use.
PACKAGE AND SHIPPING
[Storage] Stored in a clean, cool and dry area; keep away from strong, direct light.
[Shelf Life] 2 years when properly stored.
Inner double plastic bags–25kg/Fiber drum (35*35*53cm, GW: 28kg, NW: 25kg, 0.06CBM);
Inner double plastic bags–5kg/Aluminum foil bag (GW: 6.5kg, NW: 5kg);
Inner double plastic bags–1kg/Aluminum foil bag (GW: 1.5kg, NW: 1kg).
[Delivery] 5 working days after payment.
1. Preferentially DHL or FedEx for quantity less than 50KG; Air shipping for 100KG above;
Sea shipping for quantity over 500KG.
2. For customers from Russia, Mexico, Turkey, Slovenia, Romania, etc, before placing an order,
please kindly confirm if you can make clearance when goods reach your customs.
1.We has 10 years’ exporting experience in active pharmaceutical ingredient products.
Our professionaland thoughtful after-sales service eliminates your worries.
2.We can provide you with ten thousands of products of different levels.
3. We offer convenient one-station purchasing service.
1. Any inquiries will be replied within 12 hours.
2. Dedication to quality, supply & service.
3. Strictly on selecting raw materials.
4. Reasonable & competitive price, fast lead time.
Q & A
Q1: Can i get some samples?
A: Yes, we can supply the free sample, but the shipping cost be paid by our customers.
Q2: How to start orders or make payments?
A: Proforma invoice will be sent first after confirmation of order, enclosed our bank information. Payment by T/T, Western Union or Paypal).
3. Q3: How to confirm the Product Quality before placing orders?
A:You can get free samples for some products,you only need to pay the shipping cost or arrange a courier to us and take the samples.
You can send us your product specifications and requests,we will manufacture the products according to your requests.
4.Q4:Is there a discount?
A:Different quantity has different discount.
5.Q5: How do you treat quality complaint?
A:First of all, our quality control will reduce the quality problem to near zero. If there is a real
quality problem caused by us, we will send you free goods for replacement or refund your loss.
How To Proceed
Pinpoint what you need, specification, CAS No., assay, grade.
Ensure the discreet parcel and offer the suitable shipping method for reference.
Payment that you available for.
Shipped out until you paid 100% in advance.
Arrange the shipment according to your requirements.
Tracked the code when it is online.
Glucuronolactone has received some notoriety due to an urban legend that it was a Vietnam War-era drug manufactured by the American government and since banned due to brain tumor-related deaths. However, the quoted British Medical Journal article does not exist; furthermore, no warnings appear on the Food and Drug Administration website regarding its potential to cause brain tumors or other maladies. Moreover, glucuronolactone is hydrolyzed in the body (like butyrolactone) to glucuronic acid, which may be oxidized to glucaric acid, or isomerized to another hexuronic acid, so there is no reasonable toxicity mechanism. （via wikipedia）
Glucuronolactone is a molecule that is commonly found in energy drinks (at around 10-60mg, with variance depending on brand), although in studies ‘disassembling’ the constituents of energy drinks suggest no significant contribution towards energy.
In vitro, D-glucuronolactone can be metabolized by a dehydrogenase into D-Glucaro-1,4-Lactone (G14L), where D-glucuronolactone appears to metabolize into a dilactone (d-glucaro-1,4-3,6-dilactone) and then spontaneously degrade into G14L.
D-Glucaric acid is the main urinary metabolite of the glucuronic acid pathway, which synthesizes Glucuronic Acid for the purposes of conjugation by drug metabolizing enzymes (UGT transferases). Daily urine output of D-Glucaric Acid is approximately 30-100umol.
Skeletal Muscle and Performance
One study injecting glucuronolactone (100mg/kg) intraperitoneally in rats immediately prior to a 30 minute swim and subsequent rest (the swim which was repeated three times, each with an injection prior to the swim) noted that glucuronolactone failed to affect time to exhaustion in the first swim but improved performance relative to saline in the second and third swim. (via examine)
|Milk Thistle Extract
|Ginkgo Biloba Extract
||Coconut Oil Softgel
|Cnidium Fruit Extract
|Horse Chestnut Extract
||Omega 3 Softgel
|Grape Seed Extract
|Red Clover P.E
||Liquid Calcium Softgel
||Alpha Lipoic Acid
||Natural Vitamin E Softgel